What's in a Name?

3.31.2006

priorities

priorities are tough sometimes. For instance, I clearly decided that my first priority is my family when I stopped working over a year ago to be home with my two (well then 1.5) little men. And I love being home most days. My kids are very high energy and the almost three year old never stops, but they are fun and smart and pretty good kids.
But before I was a mommy I was a triathlete, and this year I have decided that I need to reclaim that title. The hubby is a little nervous about the impact that the training will have, but I have already assured him that I don't have delusions of working out 10-15 hours per week like I did before we had a family. And I think that I can be more efficient with my workouts now (or atleast I'm hoping to find a way to be). And I have also re-set my expectations a bit that I probably will be slower than I was when I raced four years ago and trained as much as I wanted.
In fact, I missed most of my workouts this week. My 11 month old had the stomach flu. Even though the hubby tried to send me off to the gym after he returned from work a night this week, I didn't have it in me (up a lot the night before with the baby, and the two year old is healthy as can be and super-charged now that the warm weather has come). And now I seem to have a touch of the aforementioned stomach flu. uuuuugh.
Did I want to plop the guys in daycare at the gym and hope that the little one held it together while I got a quick workout in? Absolutely. Did I do it? Absolutely not.
its all about the priorities... but I am really glad I got a good pilates tape.

No comments: