What's in a Name?

9.25.2009

the mayhem

I think we are finally entering normalcy for the family. Since school has started we have been adjusting to a lot of new schedules and new responsibilities while maintaining a lot of our commitments from summer. This has been a challenge. But I think we are finally starting a period where our lives will slow down.
We still have school and preschool (with two carpools to juggle each day while trying to get Isabel her requisite naps) and Devin has homework most nights. We still have soccer for Alex twice per week, baseball for Devin three to four times per week and the random play dates, doctors appointments and volunteer duties.
However, our guests have left, my triathlon is done, Isabel had her ear tube surgery, and much of the 'back to school' craziness (which was compounded when I offered to be Devin's Room Mom) has passed. While most of those things were wonderful (we certainly LOVED having our visitors, and I really felt like all my training paid off for my race), we are all ready to take a communal deep breath and relax.

No comments: