What's in a Name?

2.04.2011

My amazing pizza

We all know that Andy is the chef in the family.  The fact that I am a decent cook pales in comparison to the culinary skills wielded by my other half.  However today I made the most amazing (and healthy) pizza for lunch.  At lunchtime I am usually one to heat up leftovers or a can of soup because I just want to eat quickly and go, but today I actually looked around a decided to be a bit creative.
I found a flat bread that we had not used for curry last night and topped that with some pesto (a new constant in our fridge).  Then I stole some cherry tomatoes from Isabel and cut them into small pieces.  I guess regular tomatoes could have worked, but the cherry ones are a little sweeter and I like them.  Next I found some fresh mozarella that we had and almost shaved it (as best you can with such a soft cheese) randomly on the flatbread.  I toasted the whole thing in our toaster oven and topped it all with a generous postion of arugula.  The sweet of the tomato and the basil/garlic of the pesto and the peppery arugula... it was heavenly.
I should have taken a picture to post..  It was that good!

1 comment:

Andy B. said...

That sounds really good - I'm proud of your pizza!