What's in a Name?

6.20.2011

the pants don't lie

All these months of fun trips and birthday cakes are starting to take a toll.  I have been aware of this and sort of half trying to get my sweet tooth (and wine/beer tooth?  do we have such things?  I think I do...) under control.  I started running again after about a month off (remember the back strain) and working out more.  But then I went in for a check up with my doctor.  According to their scale I weighed three pounds more than my scale at home.  So instead of 5-6 pounds over my preferred weight, I am actually looking at 8-9 pounds.  After I got over the "oh shit" moment, I realized that I need to find my motivation.  I have been running again, but not really loving it.  I have been back on the bike, and in the pool, but I am hesitant to commit to triathlon training because it is so hard to fit in all three sports multiple times per week with an active family with three kids and a husband who is also training. 
I got confirmation on my scale after Devin's eight-year-old check up last week.  Three pounds light.  Meaning I have ten pounds to lose.  I don't know why this surprised me.  Probably because I have been wearing all the summer skirts and dresses lately.  I tried to wear a pair of pants out the other day (emphasis on "tried"... but failed miserably), and realized that I need to wear pants more during the "beer and ice cream" season of the year.  Just to keep myself on track.  We all know that the jeans don't lie when the jeans don't fit.

No comments: