What's in a Name?

5.10.2006

one down, many to go

My first real week of training went well. I definitely missed a couple workouts because the boys weren't up for it or the King had plans (he's certainly entitled!), but overall I did well. I was actually able to get some exercise in during their naps three times this week, although not any swimming, biking or running. But still, I lifted at home so they didn't have to hang out longer in child care at the gym and I did yoga and pilates. While the yoga and pilates aren't triathlon specific, I really feel like they will help, especially since I have not been great about stretching a lot. Here is how my week went: Monday - off , Tuesday - run/swim , Wednesday - bike/yoga , Thursday - run , Friday - walk/lift , Saturday - swim , Sunday - pilates . Not too shabby. This week is going well so far, but I am starting to feel a little guilty about all the training time with the boys. When I train it means that they are at child care at the gym, with a babysitter or strapped in the stroller. My actual workouts aren't very long, but between Henry's two naps and the amount of time it takes us to get moving in any direction... if I work out with them then we have little time for much else. I think I might have to take a day off just to play with them. But I hate to take a day off going into the weekend, since I like to have that flexibility during the weekend if needed. Hmmm... well I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

No comments: