What's in a Name?

3.20.2007

mistake

Henry has a cold. Last night he got up around 12:30 am because he lost his binki and he was completely unsettled. Ten minutes later he wanted me to fix his blanket; fifteen minutes later it was the lost bunny. I started to let him cry it out (much to the dismay of my loving husband) until finally I asked the King to give him some night-time medicine to see if we could get him back to sleep. By then the King was quite frustrated with our little prince and was quite stern with him, which just about crushed the little man. Then the King made a horrible mistake, a dreadful horrible mistake. He gave Henry medicine alright, but when I got up with Henry again after another fifteen minutes of crying I realized that the King gave him non-drowsy sudafed... at 1:30 am. So the King and Prince Henry had some quality bonding time last night until about 3:00 am. I was just so glad that my hubby came through in the clutch and took ownership of the medicine mishap. This morning my weary husband told me that in the future I need to medicate the kids at night. Poor guy!

No comments: