What's in a Name?

3.14.2007

swimming

Swimming makes me so exhausted. Seriously. I used to say that it made me ravenous, but by mid-day I think exhausted is winning out, and I didn't even swim that far today! My knee started bothering me about a month ago and it landed me in physical therapy twice per week. It turns out that I have a leg length discrepancy (who doesn't?) which is causing my hips to shift out of alignment and is straining my hamstring and knee. So I have a gel insert in my right shoe (just like the Dr. Scholls ads - I'm gel-ing) and I am doing loads of exercises to try to strengthen my core, glutes, etc around my hips to keep them in alignment. My cardio is limited to swimming right now and my knee still hurts pretty much whenever I attempt any exercise (including my PT). Needless to say my motivation is lagging. The King teases me that I should be following his regimen of healthy fat and loads of liquor with minimal exercise to stay healthy, since clearly the nutrition plan and the multitude of workouts isn't keeping me healthy. =) I think I'll have to kick his ass!

No comments: