What's in a Name?

12.17.2009

Inspiration

We all get inspriation from different places.  In my race report (previous post) I mentioned that it was a good song that made me kick up my pace during my half marathon.  But I think it was more than that.  The song in question is "I got a Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas, which I think is a fun, great running song.  However, the night before my race I came across this amazing video of the Black Eyed Peas playing an outdoor show in Chicago as part of Oprah's 24th season kickoff.  There was something spectacular about seeing a crowd of thousands of people doing this amazing thing in my hometown that just gave me goosebumps.  Marathon morning when I looked around at all the people running miles and miles through the streets of Charlotte, and all the volunteers, and all the people that were braving the cold to cheer on the runners, I just felt like I was part of something bigger.  We all are. 
Please check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aSbKvm_mKA

No comments: