What's in a Name?

12.30.2009

my holiday gift

Patience of Mother Teresa aside, one thing that I did do for my family this year was sacrifice the physique that my running and my hard work at the gym created (a physique that is less then perfect, of course, but continuously improving) to ensure that my kids did not consume too much sugary food.  I let them have the candy from the stockings and the candy canes on the tree, but I managed to consume enough baked goods for myself and all three kids combined.  This was no small feat, considering that the Christmas baking started in the Blake house around December 15th and there was much iteration.  Cookies for teachers, cookies for parties, test cookies for parties, cookies for Santa.  But I did it.  I kept my family safe from all the needless calories the same way a soldier throws himself on a grenade.  I took one (or two, or three) for the team.  What can I say?  I'm a giver...

1 comment:

annie422 said...

You and me both girlfriend. We're damn heros in my opinion ;)