What's in a Name?

4.05.2011

Cooper

Last weekend was the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston.  For those of you not in the know, Cooper is a very popular (40,000 people) 10k run over the very cool suspension bridge (the Ravenel Bridge) that links Mount Pleasant to Charleston .  For me, the Cooper weekend is a girls weekend away with my friends.  It is a time of bonding, drinking, shopping, oh and there is a race too. 
The Monday before Cooper I tweaked my back.  I'm not sure how this happened, but I think it had something to do with the double digit mile run I did on Sunday, plus my lack of stretching.  My body just doesn't bounce back like it used to (or I didn't challenge it as much when I was younger...).  So Monday afternoon I am walking like a geriatric person when I finally call a chiropractor.  I made three trips to the chiro and completely stopped working out, picking up Isabel, bending down for things (as much as I could) and iced my back three of four times per day, all in an effort to salvage my girls weekend. 
And it worked!  I ran the race without walking.  Granted, I ran it three and a half minutes slower than last year, but I ran it!  Plus I was able to fully partake in the other weekend activities and festivities... but we won't mention those here...

No comments: