What's in a Name?

2.08.2012

Shades of Beauty

Isabel and I were at the mall yesterday and after she "helped" me shop (where "help" means that she selects a every article of pink clothing for me before trying to sit in the mannequins lap), we went to the makeup counter so she could look at lip gloss.  Yes, I did use the lip gloss as incentive for Isabel to behave.  This is not bribery, but merely insurance.  We went to the makeup counter where the nice lady lip gloss on Isabel while I checked out the free bonus gift with purchase.  Isabel's lips looked like this.

Fantastic, right?  I mean, not for a three year old, but the lip color is great.  Then I remembered that I am running low on mascara.  The mascara didn't cost enough to get the bonus, but with that gorgeous lip gloss, I can get the bonus.  This is what I call a win-win.  We made our purchase and headed to the car, where I tried out my new lip gloss.  It looked like this.

Yes, that is the same lip gloss in both pictures.  Clearly Isabel and I have different coloring.  I guess this just goes to show that the lip gloss is not what makes Isabel beautiful.  What a lucky little girl!

No comments: