What's in a Name?

2.02.2012

Things you shouldn't have to say...

As a parent, we all find ourselves saying things that we never really thought we would have to say.   Like when Alex was having "tummy time" as a baby and I had to tell Devin not to roll him around the room.  Or when Isabel got into my makeup bag, in the car, and decided to put the 'black lipstick' on her lips.  But the black lipstick was mascara and suddenly my goth daughter and my back seat were one huge slimy black mess.  I told her that little girls never wear black makeup and she shouldn't put anything black on her lips.
This morning Alex was packing up for school and I told him he probably needed a sweatshirt because it was cold.  He grabbed one and immediately used it to wipe his nose.  He was standing next to the desk where the tissue box sits.  I said, "Do you want to wear your boogers to school today?"  The answer was no.  So I suggested that he put that sweatshirt in the hamper and find a clean one. 

No comments: