What's in a Name?

1.19.2008

lazy day

Today we had a very lazy day... or at least as lazy as the two little men allow. In fact, the boys and I stayed in jammies all day long. It really was a nice change of pace. Alex is potty training, so we planned on staying home most of the weekend so we can keep him bottomless (since that worked well for Devin). He's really doing well so far, and hasn't had any accidents. In fact, he has only wet his pull-ups during naps or overnight. However, when it comes to bowel movements, he treats the pull-up like a diaper. I am sure that once we get him to poop on the toilet he will make a habit of that as well, but we need a good success there. Maybe tomorrow.

I am definitely feeling more tired than I expected this pregnancy. Today was the only day this week that I didn't feel completely exhausted by mid-afternoon, and I think that is only because I slept until 9:00 am this morning! I love my weekend sleep in day!! Once Andy gets up with the boys I put on the sound machine and close the doors to my bedroom to muffle the wild men and I can usually snooze pretty well. Its glorious!

After Andy had a few late nights at work this week, he encouraged me to have a night out. I was all set to meet up with a friend for manicures and maybe dinner, but when he got home I was so exhausted that all I managed to do was hide out in the sitting room in our bedroom and read for a while. I could have napped, but I thought that a 6:00 pm nap was a sure bet for a horrible nights sleep. So the reading was relaxing (and missing out on the dinner madness was great) and once the boys were happily in bed I had a chance to hang out with Andy (double bonus!).

The coming week will be a busy one with the painters here, two days off of school, our hospital tour and all the other unexpected mayhem before my parents visit next weekend. Our first visitors! Andy still wants to get a bed for the guest room before they come, but I think the pull-out couch will suffice for this visit. I'm sure that we will have the bed thing sorted before my mom comes to help out with the baby, but for now they will have to suffer through a couple nights on the pull-out. At least they have their own room again though. =)

No comments: