What's in a Name?

6.19.2006

love the bike... love it!

I went for a ride the other day and had an epiphany... I love the bike! I had not been out on my bike in almost two years and while I've been on the trainer and taking spinning classes for the last couple months, its just not the same. I had a couple issues (forgot my sunglasses and nearly went blind with the dust in the eyes), but just absolutely loved my ride.
I did about 17 miles (where the end was quite hilly) and I have to say riding outside is far more strenuous than any indoor rides. It felt great. I kicked my own ass.

So I snuck a quick swim in today while the boys were at child watch at the gym. I didn't know how long they would last so I hopped in and swam a little more that half a mile. A friend of mine asked what my typical half mile swim time was the other day and I realized that I haven't timed myself for that distance in years. I guessed about 15 min for a training swim (aah the impact of adrenaline when racing) and I was pretty close. I did 40 lengths in 17 min (half mile is 36), so I think 15 min for a half is about right. Not really impressive, but at least I'm consistent. =) It was good to get a workout in and I had a good swim. I think I'm ready to get back into training.

No comments: