What's in a Name?

5.04.2006

Now that's more like it...

So my slow start Monday was followed by two awesome workout days. Tuesday I ran intervals on the treadmill at the gym while the boys went to child-watch (without any major issues). Not thrilled to be back on the treadmill, but it was rainy and cold and I got to run alone... plus intervals are such a good workout. Then Tuesday night I swam 2000 yards at the pool. Another good workout - did a longer set and then some sprints. My quads seized up during cool down, but it wasn't anything that good stretching and the hottub couldn't fix. I was beat after that though. I think it will take some doing for my body to get used to two workouts in a day. Yesterday I did 30 min on the stationary bike at the gym and it was actually really good. The new training book that I'm reading (Time Saving Training for Multisport Athletes) recommended an interval workout for the stationary bike of 1 min hard, 1 min easy and it really rocked. The during the boys naps I did one of the King's yoga tapes. I'm still pretty nervous about the back pain and leg tightness that I was dealing with before, so I hope the stretching will help. That said, I didn't stretch after my run today (outside w/ Henry in the jogger), because I wanted to get to Target before lunch and nap-time and I hopped in the car right after the run. Aaah well... I'll need to do a good stretch before bed tonight.
Now if I can only keep this up through the summer...
=)

No comments: