What's in a Name?

5.01.2006

Training starts today

I pretty much decided that my training was going to start in earnest today. May first. Start of the month, first day of the week, easy to track on my training log. May first - its official. My plan was to take the boys with me on a quick run - nothing major, since I haven't run with the two of them since the fall. I thought about calling my neighbor to watch them (we trade off watching each other's kids while we run), but decided against it since I am planning to run a 5K in three weeks with them in tow. I need to get a couple runs in pushing the extra +/- 80 pounds before then. So I thought after the afternoon naps we would head out. Seemed simple enough, since our morning was quite normal... but then Henry wasn't falling asleep. He was just playing along happily enough, but he was loud enough to keep William up. Uugghhh!
I put them down around 1:30. William fell asleep around 2:30 and Henry around 3:00 - very late for these boys. I woke William up at 4:15 and he cried and sat in my lap until I woke Henry up at 5:00 and he cried too. At that point there was no run to be had. The last thing I wanted to do was to head out in the stroller and have the two of them bellowing the whole time. So my official training for my big triathlon come-back year started today - with a rest day.

No comments: