What's in a Name?

6.11.2010

flip flop addiction

I have a problem.  This is not something new or really all that new or unique, but it is my problem nonetheless.  I am addicted shoes; flip flops to be exact.  In the past I could mask justify my shoe addiction by simply purchasing a variety of shoes for the different seasons one faces in New England: summer - flip flops, spring - cute sneakers, fall - cool boots, winter - gore-tex clogs.  However now that I am in the South, there is really little justification in purchasing the multitude of flip flops that I have acquired.  I have sporty flip flops, dressy flip flops, flip flops that look best with jeans, flip flops that stand up to the chlorine and salt water of summer and even the adorable leather flip flops with the huge flower on them that I have been eyeing for months (drool).


They are fantastic!  I am sometimes good about purging the old flops, but often times my increase in 'stock' does not match my 'shrinkage'.  After my most recent purge, I now own eleven pairs of flip flops.  The sad thing is that my shoes for the winter months are really quite pathetic.  If only I could live in my flip flops year round. 

2 comments:

Liza said...

I have the same problem! Although mine is almost worse since the window of time I have to wear flip flops in significantly shorter than yours. Oh, and the worst part is I believe I have passed the addiction on to both of my girls! Come Fall I have to round up all the flops and hide them just to get them to wear weather appropriate shoes!

Andy B. said...

I am so going through your closet the next time you are out and purging your shoes!