What's in a Name?

9.21.2010

Motherhood

I came across this video and just had to share it.   

I don't know that this would have meant that much to me before I had kids.  The advice sounds good and all... but until you are facing some of the challenges that motherhood brings, it's all just rhetoric. 
The truth is that there are times when being a mom is terrifying.  There are times when you feel like you are in over your head and there are times when all you can do is worry.  There are times when you doubt yourself and your decisions.  There are times when you blame yourself for things that don't go right and there are times when you make mistakes. 
Let's face it, there is a lot at stake.  We are raising people. As parents, we are trying our best to keep them safe and healthy, but we are also trying to teach them to be kind, thoughtful and responsible people. 
The demands of motherhood are many; sleep deprivation, little time for yourself, endless demands on your patience,  constant re-negotiation of rules and boundaries as children grow.  But I think the greatest challenge comes is influencing the character of your children and in trying to help them learn to be good people.

1 comment:

annie422 said...

I Loved this! I would have told myself to start praying for patience NOW.