What's in a Name?

9.09.2011

the eye of the beholder

My mama told me when I was young
We are all born superstars
She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on
In the glass of her boudoir
"There's nothin wrong with lovin who you are"
She said, "'cause he made you perfect, babe"
"So hold your head up girl and you'll go far,
Listen to me when I say"
I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track baby
I was born this way 
(Lady Gaga)


It started with the blue eyes.  "I want beautiful blueberry eyes like you Mommy."  Then it was the yellow hair.  "Why does Devin get yellow hair?  He's a boy."  Then Izzy decided that she could ask Santa to bring her yellow hair and blue eyes. Of course I tell her that she is beautiful.  I mean, just look at her!  I think she's gorgeous.  When I ask her how she got to be so cute, Izzy says,"It's the way God made me."  Yep, she was born this way...

1 comment:

annie422 said...

she is beautiful my friend.