What's in a Name?

8.20.2008

the sweetest thing

I got the boot off my ankle and started PT on Monday - truly a momentous day in the Blake household. The therapist warned me that I would experience good days and bad days over the coming weeks (as far as strength and flexibility are concerned) and said that I have to be very careful not to overdo it. The good news is that when she evaluated me, she said that my flexibility was already much better than she had expected based on my break. So I have been diligent about my exercises (and about elevation and ice), and I am slowly building my strength. I've even tried swimming a couple laps at the pool. It will be a long road back but I'm so excited to be at this point!
On Monday morning when I was getting ready to go to PT, Alex came into my bathroom and noticed that I wasn't wearing my boot. When I told him that the doctor said I didn't need to wear it anymore he got so excited that he ran up to me and hugged me saying, "Thank you Mommy!" I'm not sure if he is truly grateful that this impediment to his "normal" is finally gone, or if he just recognizes that this is a pretty significant thing for our family and doesn't have the words to express his excitement, but it was the sweetest thing. I love that little man.

No comments: