What's in a Name?

4.07.2006

feeling slug-like

So yesterday I had a kisk-ass workout day. I got on a bike for the first time in years (granted for a spinning class, but it was a good workout and a good re-introduction to the term "saddle sore"). After spinning class I lifted. I have been following the advise of a great trainer who answers all kinds of questions on triathlete.com's forum for my lifting workouts. He has recommended certain exercises, but also suggested that triathletes need only to do one set of 12-15 reps for each exercise, as long as the weight is heavy enough that your muscles fatigue by that 12-15th rep. He said that this strategy builds muscle without bulk. Rock on! It has totally changed the way I lift and I can get through a lifting workout quite quickly. Yesterday I really pushed myself and I felt like a total stud.

Today however I was sore. I have done little more than take an hour long leisurely stroll with the boys. And I have eaten a lot - mostly in the evening. I am feeling really full and sluggish right now. Like all my hard work from yesterday was erased by today. :-(

Aaaaahh well... tomorrow is another day.

No comments: