What's in a Name?

11.27.2012

Thankful - Day 27

My sister and some friends on Facebook are doing "Thirty Days of Thankful" for the month of November. Each day they are posting something in their lives for which they are grateful. I decided to do the same, but will write it here instead.

Day 27

Today I am thankful for my dog.  I did not grow up with pets, and I'm not really a pet person.  While I like Buddy and I recognize that he's a good dog, I don't LOVE my dog. 
But my kids do.  I see their love in the way that they lay all over him and run around with him.  They fill his water dish, feed him each day, wipe his paws before letting him inside, and the boys even pick up poops.  They throw the ball for him and play chase with him every day.  I can tell that my kids are growing up to be animal lovers, and I know that having Buddy makes them happy. 

No comments: