What's in a Name?

8.12.2011

Tri Training Again

I don't think I ever posted a follow-up to this post a couple months ago when I was lamenting my too tight pants and considering triathlon training. Again.  After some hesitation and a "trial period" where we took on the juggling act of fitting triathlon training into our already busy lives, Andy and I decided to go for it.  We are in.  We are training for an Olympic distance triathlon in October.  What this means is that we don't sleep.  Sincerely.  I mean, how else are we going to fit in the 6-10 hours per week that we spend training.  But it's good.  Without triathlon training I wouldn't push myself to run after a spin class or to get up before the sun to get my mileage in before the kids get up.  It's really not in my nature.  I am enjoying the challenge though.  I am pushing myself in a way that I haven't in a long time. 


Plus, Andy found me a sweet new tri bike. 

While I was a little hesitant to spend the money, he convinced me that the twelve year old bike that I was tooling around on was ready to retire.  I love it!!  Andy has warned me though that if I beat him on the bike leg of our race he's going to sell the bike. 

1 comment:

annie422 said...

sweet bike friend.