What's in a Name?

11.10.2012

Thankful - Day 10

My sister and some friends on Facebook are doing "Thirty Days of Thankful" for the month of November. Each day they are posting something in their lives for which they are grateful. I decided to do the same, but will write it here instead.
Day 10

Today my boys went with a friend of mine to rake leaves for an elderly blind lady who is a member of my friend's church. She picked them up at 7:45am.  They had breakfast at the church and then went on to the house to get busy in the enormous yard.

 
These kids worked for about four hours.  While they definitely took time to jump in the leaf piles, they managed to fill seventy bags with leaves.  Tomorrow, Alex will join Andy and I, along with other neighbors, in making dinner at Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte.  We go to RMH monthly to make meals for the guests there, and Devin has gone almost as often as Andy and I.  Alex is excited for his turn.  I am thankful that my children have the opportunity to help people who need it.  I am grateful that they have the desire and the empathy that makes them want to help others.  Our family is very blessed; I am glad that my children are learning to share their good fortune.

No comments: