What's in a Name?

11.03.2012

Thankful - Day 3

My sister and some friends on Facebook are doing "Thirty Days of Thankful" for the month of November. Each day they are posting something in their lives for which they are grateful. I decided to do the same, but will write it here instead.

Day 3

I am thankful for running.  I know that this sounds strange, but when I was younger I was never a runner.  At my race two weeks ago, my mom told my friends that I wouldn't even run to catch the school bus.  She wasn't lying.  When I did start running in my twenties, it was okay but I didn't love it.  Now I love to run.  I love it when I run solo, with my music, I love to chase my boys down on the Greenway (when they ride bikes and I run), but most of all I love to run with my girlfriends.  We run, we chat, we just spend some good time together.  Without a run planned, we wouldn't set the alarm to get up early on a weekend morning and spend a couple hours together.  I love that I have become a runner and that I have great people to run with me.



No comments: