What's in a Name?

11.21.2012

Thankful - Day 21

My sister and some friends on Facebook are doing "Thirty Days of Thankful" for the month of November. Each day they are posting something in their lives for which they are grateful. I decided to do the same, but will write it here instead.

Day 21

Today I am thankful for my parents.  My parents are generous and loving people who believe in me and expect the best from me.  As a child, I never questioned their love for me, even though I did not always agree with their rules and decisions.  They expected a lot from me, and taught me to hold myself to a high standard.  They taught me responsibility and independence by making me responsible for my actions and decisions.  They also taught me about what a marriage is supposed to be, and what truly loving someone means.  I never questioned their love for each other, even when they didn't agree. 
I remember my friends in high school talking about how "normal" my family was.  Later, Andy would tell friends that I grew up in the Brady Bunch (but I was always quick to point out that my parents only married each other... =).  I love my parents.  I am grateful for the relationship that I have with each of them, and I am soooo glad that they are mine.

No comments: