What's in a Name?

11.13.2012

Thankful - Day 13

My sister and some friends on Facebook are doing "Thirty Days of Thankful" for the month of November. Each day they are posting something in their lives for which they are grateful. I decided to do the same, but will write it here instead.

Day 13

Today is the wedding anniversary of my brother, Bill and his wife, Belinda.  Bill and Belinda started dating early in college (I think he was nineteen and she was eighteen), and they always seem to truly enjoy each other's company.  They seem to be happy, and they have done a fantastic job of raising four great kids. Today, I am thankful that Bill brought Belinda into our lives.  She is thoughtful, and I mean that using both definitions; Belinda is thoughtful in the way she treats other people and she is reflective and contemplative when working through something.  Often I have come to Belinda with issues or concerns about whatever was "big" in my life at the time: boyfriend issues, wedding plans, baby questions, discipline, school issues, kids sports.  She always has such sage advice and perspective.  I have willingly shared "Belinda-isms" with friends, always to their benefit.  These days, I don't talk to Bill and Belinda as much as I should (after all, we are all busy with kids, school, work, kids sports, etc), but I recognize that my life is better with Belinda in it.  Today, I am thankful for Belinda.

No comments: