What's in a Name?

11.14.2012

Thankful - Day 14

My sister and some friends on Facebook are doing "Thirty Days of Thankful" for the month of November. Each day they are posting something in their lives for which they are grateful. I decided to do the same, but will write it here instead.

Day 14

Devin and I were talking about Alex the other day when he said to me, "I don't know why some of my friends fight with their brothers so much.  I mean, Alex is my best friend."  I am thrilled, and so very grateful for the relationship that my boys have with each other.  While they bicker and get frustrated with each other, they also have a lot of fun and laughs together.  I told Alex that Devin said this about him, and he just grinned and walked over to give Devin a hug (not a sweet hug, but more of a 'wrestle and tickle' hug).  Then he said, "Of course we're best friends, Mom.  He's my brother."  Imagine growing up with your best friend always with you.  Its pretty spectacular.  I hope they always feel this way about each other.

No comments: